June 10, 2021
1) Millions of WordPress sites just got a major security upgrade.
Forced update fixed an urgent flaw in WordPress Jetpack plugin
The developers of Jetpack, a hugely popular WordPress plugin, have force-installed an urgent update to fix a flaw that threatened the security of more than five million websites.
As reported by Bleeping Computer, a user that goes by the alias nguyenhg_vcs, discovered a security bug in how Jetpack handles comments for different images. Once identified, Automattic (the company that built and manages both WordPress, one of the world’s most popular content management systems and Jetpack, a plugin that offers many benefits, from additional security, improved performance, to various management features) prepared a security update and, due to the severity of the threat, decided to push it onto everyone.
2) Android users can link Twitter and Instagram accounts.
8) How the 50 biggest websites in the United States performed during the pandemic.
9) New on Google Local Search results label.
17) 10 SEO Copywriting tips to improve your content plus some tools.
19) 10 Examples of brands using TikTok Stitch and TikTok duet for marketing.
20) What is a link wheel? do link wheels still work for SEO in 2021?
More insights to explore…
Your annual target audience check-up.
Have an awesome day!
— Itay Paz