Ringless voicemail, also called a voicemail drop, is a pre-recorded audio message sent directly to voicemail inboxes, without the associated telephone ringing first and considered to be a spam message.
You may have also heard these called ringless voicemail drops, voice broadcasting, or direct-to-voicemail messages.
Ringless voicemails are a direct marketing strategy that can increase the volume of customers you reach while keeping the outreach cost low. Instead of manually dialing each customer, you send a pre-recorded message to thousands of contacts all at once.
5 Ways to Use Ringless Voicemail in Your Business
Nobody wants irrelevant sales blasts, but many people do welcome reminders, follow-ups, and other actions to support their experience with a company. In these cases, reaching a large volume of people makes sense:
Here are a few times that ringless voicemails might make sense:
1) Thank new subscribers who have signed up for your newsletter.
2) Welcome new members to your subscription service or private group.
3) Update virtual conference attendees of schedule changes.
4) Connect with your best customers by sending a holiday greeting.
5) Reward your top clients with a promotional offer or coupon code.