What is Outreach Marketing?
Discover what is outreach marketing and how it can help you with link building, content marketing, reaching influential people, developing relationships with brand ambassadors and more.
Outreach marketing is the process of using email outreach as a way to establish relationships with influencers, bloggers, other businesses and journalists so that you can earn links back to your content, get passive web traffic and reach new audiences.
Thus, as you can understand, outreach marketing can help you with things like:
1) Link building.
2) Content marketing.
3) Reaching influential people.
4) Developing relationships with brand ambassadors.
In fact, I would say that outreach marketing is one of the most important aspects of any successful marketing strategy.
However, according to research by Backlinko, only 8.5% of all outreach emails receive a response.
This means that a staggering 91.5% of all cold emails sent are simply ignored.
Why do Outreach Emails Get Low Response?
I would say this happens for three main reasons:
1) Lack of personalization both for the title and the body of the emails.
2) Lack of a clear process as to how to conduct outreach marketing the right way.
3) Irrelevant messages from companies that buy email lists and start spamming.
4) The quality of most of those emails also clearly show that they’re spam, and therefore not something you should pay attention to.
This is why most outreach marketing campaigns are destined to fail.
Outreach marketing is a powerful tool, and not just for blogging or inbound marketing.
If done correctly, it can help you level up your marketing game.
Let’s take a look at some of its advantages.
What are the Advantages of Outreach Marketing?
The great thing about outreach is that it can be improved over time.
This means that while you may not be good at it at first, you’ll get better as you test and iterate.
1) Improve your SEO.
2) Promote your content.
3) Expand your network.
What are the Disadvantages of Outreach Marketing?
On the flip side, let’s examine a couple of disadvantages of outreach.
1) It takes time.
2) It costs (a lot).
Read more here.