August 26, 2020
Happy Wednesday and Happy National Toilet Paper Day (Yes, I couldn’t believe it myself, there is a day dedicated to toilet paper(. Here are 5 quick interesting facts on toilet paper:
1) The toilet paper was invented by Joseph Gayetty in 1857.
2) Due to the COVID-19 pandemic there was a huge rise in toilet paper revenues: 140% Italy, 98% Australia, 82% Spain, 80% UK, 60% US and 51% India.
3) The most expensive toilet paper roll is a 22-carat gold toilet paper with a price tag of $2.5 million.
4) A family accidentally bought 2,300 toilet rolls prior to national supermarket sell-out (the kids built a chair from it).
5) A London creative web developer has created a toilet paper calculator which tells you how much toilet roll you actually need to stop panic-buying (I couldn’t really believe this as well…)