Discover everything you need to know about what is mobile SEO, what are the mobile SEO ranking factors and the best mobile SEO strategies.
Did you know that there are more searches performed every day on mobile devices than desktop computers?
Mobile SEO is a term that refers to a search engine strategy dedicated to optimizing websites for mobile devices search and navigation.
You don’t have to look around for very long to notice that people spend quite a bit of time on their phones. And if that’s where your customers are, then you need to be sure that’s where you are. You need to optimize your site from the ground up so they can find you easier and navigate your website with more efficiency. Failure to do so is a huge missed opportunity, one that can end up costing you a lot in both money and growth potential.
In this post, we’re looking at the building blocks behind mobile SEO, including why it’s so important and the steps you need to take to ensure your site is optimized for mobile search. Here’s what you should know.
There are a few things that set mobile SEO apart from traditional SEO, including:
1) Ranking factors – Search engines want to know that your site is built to function properly on a mobile device, with ranking factors that include mobile-specific loading speed and page format.
2) Search language – Voice search is the second most popular form of searching on mobile devices, and it comes with its own cadence and best practices.
3) Local search – Mobile search and local search are closely tied, with 88 percent of mobile searches for local businesses resulting in a call or visit to the business within 24 hours.
The better you can optimize your site for mobile use, the higher you’ll rank when people search relevant keywords on their phones. Since many of your target users are likely searching on mobile, this has become an increasingly important strategy to get ahead of.
Mobile SEO Statistics You Need to Know
Mobile website performance is no longer just an afterthought, and sites that perform poorly on mobile will not rank as well on desktop either. Here are six mobile SEO statistics that help further explain just how crucial mobile optimization is for your brand:
1) Over 52% of all search traffic around the world can be traced to mobile phones.
2) 60% of all online searches are done on a mobile device.
3) Nearly 50% of all online shopping experiences happen on a mobile device.
4) 62% of shoppers who report dissatisfaction with the mobile experience of a website say they’re less likely to shop from the same site again.
5) 51% of customers have discovered a new product or company through a mobile search.
6) 48% of consumers use voice search for general search queries.
What does it all mean? It means that simply having a site optimized for mobile isn’t enough. If you’re not optimizing for mobile search, you’re not capturing the full attention of your online audience, and that’s a loss most brands can’t afford to take.