How To Land Blog Guest Posts?
Guest blogging is a great way to positioning yourself as an authority and well-known name in the industry, getting exposure (traffic) back to your website and building backlinks (SEO) to your website.
With the right kind of content on the top blogs, you can do all three of these things and by knowing your goals in advance will help you in determining which blogs will be the best for you to submit guest posts to.
Determine Your Guest Blogging Goals
Before we begin, your first task is to decide what your goal for guest blogging is. Knowing this goal ahead of time is key in determining the right kind of blogs to submit guest posts to. Typically there are three main goals for guest blogging.
* Positioning yourself as an authority and well-known name in the industry.
* Getting exposure (traffic) back to your website.
* Building backlinks to your website.
With the right kind of content on the top blogs, you can do all three of these things. If you are trying to accomplish either #1 or #2, then you will want to find blogs that have a good sized and engaged audience. If you are just trying to accomplish #3, then you need to pinpoint blogs with strong root domain authority. You can check this for free using the SEOmoz toolbar. Knowing your goals in advance will help you in determining which blogs will be the best for you to submit guest posts to.
How to Find Guest Blogging Opportunities
The first thing you will want to do is find guest post opportunities. When looking for places to guest post, your main goal is to find sites relevant to your niche or industry. You are looking for blogs that fit the following criteria:
* The content is focused on your niche / industry.
* The audience of the blog will be interested in your industry.
* The blog has engaged readership (posts have been shared socially and commented upon).
* The blog owner is active on social media (so you know that they will be promoting your work on their site).
So if you are selling seeds, you will want to find gardening blogs with an engaged audience of gardeners. The following should help you find the right kind of guest post opportunities.
Read more here.