October 8, 2021
1) Facebook Experiments with Additional Business Context Elements in Ad Display.
2) Microsoft promises it hasn’t given up on Skype with big batch of updates.
3) Yelp adds virtual restaurant attribute to help reduce customer confusion.
The Virtual Kitchens attribute can help takeout or delivery-only restaurants identify themselves to potential customers.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, Yelp has rolled out a number of profile attributes for restaurants, ranging from vaccine-related notices to attributes for LGBTQ and Asian-owned businesses. Now, Yelp is rolling out a Virtual Kitchens attribute for ghost kitchens, virtual restaurants and virtual food courts to identify themselves to potential customers and cut down on confusion regarding the dining experiences they offer, the company announced Wednesday.
4) Facebook: Pausing ‘Instagram Kids’ and Building Parental Supervision Tools.
6) Tackling Email Spoofing and Phishing.
8) New ‘Google Illustrations’ tool lets you build a custom profile picture for Gmail.
9) Chrome adding ‘Side search’ panel that will make it easier to browse Google results.
10) Apple Maps rolls out 3D view to London, LA, New York and San Francisco.
13) Google Meet starts beta testing live translated captions.
More insights to explore…
How to Create a Social Media Strategy on a Budget: 6 Steps to Follow.
The 5 Paid Ad Channels You Need to Incorporate Right Now.
How Facebook Messenger Generates Cost-effective, Trackable Leads.
Have an awesome weekend!
— Itay Paz
Founder & CEO
Follow Itay: Twitter / Facebook / Linkedin
Copyright 2021 Morning Dough. All rights reserved.
POBox 1822, Kadima, 6092000, Israel