October 16, 2020
Today is Peter Falk birthday. Some of you might know him as Lieutenant Columbo, a polite, appearing goofy, homicide detective, sets out to solve some of the most brutal, cunning and covert murders in Los Angeles.
Columbo used a simple, yet powerful tactic that is used often by marketers (online and offline), even today, as he walks out, returning for: “Just one more thing…”.
A few things happening:
1) Netflix no longer offers a free trial — pay up or fuck off.
2) Why Google Cache lies to you and what to do about it (if anything).
3) Facebook & Instagram drop support for WordPress embeds.
4) Why your ad revenues plummeted due to GDPR TCF 2.0.
5) WordPress can now turn blog posts into tweetstorms automatically.
6) Messenger overhauls its logo, adds new chat features.
Have an awesome weekend!
— Itay Paz