October 12, 2023
1) Google Ads Serving & Spending Bugs Impacting Many Advertisers.
2) Google Bard Insiders Skeptical About the AI Chatbot’s Usefulness.
3) Google-Extended Robots Directive Does Not Work For Search Generative Experience.
A couple of weeks ago Google released a new robots.txt directive to tell Google not to use your content for Bard or other AI Google projects. The Google Search Generative Experience does not currently use Google-Extended, Google told me. That means SGE’s AI-generated answers can and will continue to show unless you block Googlebot fully.
4) Google Bets On AI-Powered Video Ads To Disrupt Social Media Advertising.
5) A Regional Breakdown of the B2B Marketing Benchmark.
6) TikTok Adds More Direct Publishing Options to Its API To Facilitate Third-Party Posting.
7) Utah sues TikTok, claiming app has harmful impact on children.
8) X Launches Expanded Profile Bios for Web Users.
9) Google Ads rolls out new tool for centralized access to all first-party data.
10) Google News Showcase Can Show In Google Discover.
11) Google Discover Get The Latest On Feature.
12) Google Local Services Ads Leads Can Now Be Texted To Your Phone.
More insights to explore…
Research: GPT-4 Jailbreak Easily Defeats Safety Guardrails.
Microsoft Advertising Releases Holiday Season Marketing Guide (pdf).
Google Demand Gen campaigns: Migration and best practices.
Have an awesome week!
— Itay Paz
Founder & CEO
Follow Itay: Twitter / Facebook / Linkedin
Copyright 2022 Morning Dough. All rights reserved.
POBox 1822, Kadima, 6092000, Israel