April 23, 2021
1) WordPress could treat Google FloC as a security issue.
An idea is being floated to backport FLoC blocking code to existing WordPress users.
The backlash against Google’s Federated Learning of Cohorts (FLoC) has continued, with a proposal raised in WordPress Core to block the controversial alternative identifier to third-party cookies by default.
The WordPress proposal would see the blogging system use its weight to thwart FLoC.
“WordPress powers approximately 41% of the web — and this community can help combat racism, sexism, anti-LGBTQ+ discrimination, and discrimination against those with mental illness with four lines of code,” it states.
3) Irish privacy watchdog initiates ‘mass action’ suit against Facebook.
4) Facebook now lets users export posts and notes to Google Docs, Blogger and WordPress.com.
6) What advertisers stepping into the gaming arena should know.
8) Nobody is flying to join Google’s FLoC.
11) Review topic clusters as local business content strategy.
12) The search dilemma: looking beyond Google’s third-party cookie death.
17) 6 Ways to actually track social media ROI.
More insights to explore…
10 Tips for discovering what your readers really want.
Have an awesome weekend!
— Itay Paz
Founder & CEO
Follow Itay: Twitter / Facebook / Linkedin
Copyright 2022 Morning Dough. All rights reserved.
POBox 1822, Kadima, 6092000, Israel