August 2, 2021
1) Twitter removes FLoC support in another blow to Google.
Twitter has decided to remove support for Google’s Federated Learning of Cohorts (FLoC) from its social network after only recently adding the new tracking technology to its platform.
Just last month, security researcher Jane Manchun Wong discovered that Twitter was collecting data for FLoC by examining the source code of its website.
2) Google link spam update is here.
3) Apple Places: Manage your business listings in Apple maps.
4) Instagram is testing a TikTok-like vertical feed presentation for explore.
5) Google: Helping digital news outlets serve local communities.
6) Instagram Reels can now be twice as long.
7) Google local business listing in search displays areas served.
8) Microsoft Teams now has 250 million monthly active users.
9) Assume the Google page experience update replaced the old Google speed update.
10) Flipkart Video hopes to make a splash with interactive web series.
11) Are hyphens in domain names okay for Google?
12) Introducing new ways for Creators to earn money and partner with brands on Pinterest.
13) Preventative actions to safeguard your domains and recover from domain name hijacking.
14) Twitter is testing notices that tell you if your account is suspended or locked.
15) Elimination of the 72-hour pause for Facebook Ad set optimization.
16) Google Ads imposes new surcharges to cover international taxes & fees.
17) Everything you need to know about segmentation bases.
19) Retargeting ads that will bring your audience back (with examples).
20) “The biggest pieces of the puzzle”: Pricing strategies publishers are using to get readers to pay and stay.
More insights to explore…
Same-day delivery apps need more than speed to survive post-pandemic.
What Google does with Feedback from search results.
How to set the Right SEO goals with 3 examples.
Think email marketing is dead? you’re dead wrong.
Have an awesome week!
— Itay Paz
Founder & CEO
Follow Itay: Twitter / Facebook / Linkedin
Copyright 2021 Morning Dough. All rights reserved.
POBox 1822, Kadima, 6092000, Israel