December 14, 2021
2) Twitter acquires messaging platform Quill to make DMs suck less.
TikTok has expanded its monetization tools for creators by adding video tips and virtual gifts.
While live tipping and digital gifts have been available for livestream creators since 2020, the expansion adds the feature to regular TikTok videos as well.
To receive payments creators must be eligible for the Creator Next program which means they need at least 1,000 followers and 1,000 video views over the past 30 days.
4) Ireland-led GDPR inquiry into Instagram’s use of kids’ data inches on.
6) Facebook Launches ‘Stars Fest’ to Increase Creator Donations, and Bring More of their Fans to the App.
7) LinkedIn: Our 10 Highest Performing Social Posts for This Year and why did they resonate?
8) AWS server outage takes down Alexa, Instacart, Disney Plus, Venmo, more.
9) Instagram Stories generate a quarter of the platform’s ad revenues worldwide.
10) Gravatar “Breach” Exposes Data of 100+ Million Users.
11) Microsoft rolls out Notepad with dark mode for Windows 11 Insiders.
12) How online shopping will evolve in 2022, Heinz’s plantable labels, and A&W apparel.
More insights to explore…
WhatsApp now lets you set all chats to disappear by default.
Credit card applications reached pre-pandemic levels this year – but uncertainty could complicate matters for issuers.
Have an awesome day!
— Itay Paz
Founder & CEO
Follow Itay: Twitter / Facebook / Linkedin
Copyright 2021 Morning Dough. All rights reserved.
POBox 1822, Kadima, 6092000, Israel