January 5, 2021
1) Alibaba hit with anti-monopoly probe in China.
China’s antitrust watchdog has begun a probe into tech giant Alibaba Group over alleged anti-competitive practices.
The State Administration of Market Regulation has kicked off investigations into the Alibaba Group, laying claim that the company has been involved in monopolistic conduct such as “forced exclusivity” by requiring e-commerce merchants to pick only one platform as their exclusive distribution channel, according to the South China Morning Post.
2) A “sea change for online advertising coming”: Back to the future in a cookie-free, virus-free world.
3) Google Search showing fewer FAQ Rich results.
4) Google launches Question Hub for US publishers.
5) WhatsApp witnesses 1.4 billion calls globally on New Year’s Eve 2020.
6) How to protect your business from ransomware attacks.
7) India’s misguided internet shutdowns cost the country $2.7B in 2020.
8) Bing Webmaster Tools performance report adds crawl & index data.
9) The value of Amazon sponsored brand video ads [Case Study].
10) Facebook Ads trends for 2021 for better returns on ad spend.
11) 6 deadly business website problems and how to fix them (+video).
12) How to get more views on YouTube: strategy from a top creator.
13) 15 cost-effective tactics to increase high-quality traffic your blog.
14) Google tests dynamic customized tabs in local panel.
15) Read this before your next employee hits the ‘record’ button on an online meeting.
16) 5 Quotes from Steve Jobs that every entrepreneur needs to read.
17) Audio is the medium of the moment – so how can brands use it to connect?
18) 3 social media SEO tactics to maximize search rankings.
Have an awesome day!
— Itay Paz