February 16, 2021
1) eBay might not let you sell items without a bank account starting Valentine’s Day.
2) Google said this can have a 7% impact on search queries – so this might feel like a big update.
In October 2020, Google announced passage indexing, a new way of Google ranking specific passages from a web page in search. Google has updated us that passage ranking, as they are now properly calling it, went live on Wednesday, February 10, 2021, in the afternoon Pacific Time for queries in the US in English.
3) Yandex said it caught an employee selling access to users’ inboxes.
4) Serious WordPress plugin security flaw puts thousands of sites at risk of attack.
5) Google: Shorter domains are not better for ranking or SEO.
6) “More diverse media plans have never been so important”: How publishers can effectively navigate an increasingly fragmented media landscape.
Source: Making Sense: The commercial media landscape
11) Don’t Worry: Google won’t penalize your site for missing logos, menu links or footers.
12) Improve your Facebook ad quality ranking with these 7 tips.
13) Cryptocurrency 101: Should Your eCommerce Business Accept Bitcoin?
14) The 9 most inspiring influencer marketing campaigns of all time.
15) LinkedIn Return to Growth 2021 magazine out now: A marketer’s guide to the year ahead.
Have an awesome day!
— Itay Paz