January 11, 2021
1) Google Search ranking algorithm update signals just before the weekend.
Some signals and signs of a Google search ranking algorithm update touching down in the past day or so. The chatter is limited but it is there, and it is unusual. Most tools are showing big shifts in the Google organic search rankings.
The chatter began around late last night, January 7th with folks saying their rankings are fluctuating. Some are saying this is a continuation of the December 2020 core update but others are saying it is something new.
2) Shopify permanently bans Trump’s official online stores (not the best implications for Shopify store owners).
3) Why Twitter says it banned President Trump.
4) Google Ads salesperson alleged to link organic ranking to ad spend.
5) Google bans Parler from its app store after Apple threatens to do the same thing.
6) Google My Business begins rolling out new performance metrics / insights.
7) How Headspace built a content marketing strategy that generates over 410,000 monthly organic visitors.
8) Apple services including App Store and Music had a record year in 2020 – App Store customers spent a whopping $1.8 billion on digital goods and services between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
9) 40 Important email stats that will help guide your strategy in 2021.
10) Small business upgrades for 2021: Best tools for growing your store.
11) What Apple’s iOS 14 update means for your business.
12) 5 digital trends in China to watch in 2021.
16) SEO testing: the secret to maximize your website traffic and profits.
17) Google One subscribers in UK can now get 3 free months of YouTube Premium.
18) Facebook shares new insights into gaming trends and marketing opportunities
19) Consumers spent over $100 billion on mobile apps in 2020, study finds.
20) 55 Minute Consultation for small businesses and personal brands in 2021 by Gary Vaynerchuk.
Have an awesome day!
— Itay Paz