February 9, 2021
Google said today it paid more than $6.7 million in bug bounty rewards to 662 security researchers across 62 countries for submitting vulnerability reports in Google products last year.
The figure, up from the $6.5 million the company paid in 2019, is the company’s largest prize pool paid to security researchers to date.
Most of last year’s bug prizes were awarded in the Chrome VRP (Vulnerabilities Rewards Program), which handed out more than $2.1 million to security researchers for 300 bugs identified in Google’s flagship browser.
4) Growth has finally returned to the podcast industry: Ad spend up 11%.
5) Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter team up to crack down on hackers who steal rare usernames.
6) Optimize your emails to render flawlessly in dark mode.
7) Google Ads rolls out portfolio bid strategies for manager accounts.
12) Rich results, structured data and Schema: a visual guide to help you understand.
13) The definitive guide to using WhatsApp for business.
14) Twitter signs multi-year deal with Google Cloud for data processing and machine learning tools.
15) Walmart acquires Thunder ad tech as it preps self-serve display portal.