January 18, 2021
1) Facebook shares new insights into emerging shopping trends (PDF Report)
2) Amidst the volatile US political climate, Google has banned all ads mentioning political topics until after the inauguration.
Google has temporarily disabled political ads for at least a week as they plan to continually monitor and reassess the decision, so the ban could potentially extend even longer.
Ads mentioning politics, impeachment, the inauguration, and the insurrection at the US Capitol will all be halted. The ban includes ads run by news organizations and merchandisers
3) Google removes shady loan apps from its India Play Store — but the damage is done.
4) Telegram hits 500 million active users amid WhatsApp backlash.
5) YouTube adds voice commands to search, navigate, and play.
6) Core Web Vitals report: 28 ways to supercharge your site.
7) Google sends notifications of HTTP/2 Googlebot crawling.