February 18, 2021
1) Zut alors! France spanks Google over ‘misleading’ hotel ranking algorithm.
France’s competition watchdog has slapped Google with a €1.1 million ($1.3 million) fine over “misleading” hotel rankings generated by the tech giant’s algorithms.
The Directorate-General for Competition, Consumer Affairs and Repression of Fraud (DGCCRF) began to probe Google’s classifications after hoteliers complained about their ratings.
2) Arizona, North Dakota mobile app laws could have major implications for developers, Apple, Google.
3) Telegram had some major security vulnerabilities.
4) This phishing email promises you a bonus – but actually delivers this Windows trojan malware.
5) Google to transition to parallel tracking for Video ads by April 30.
11) LinkedIn’s developing a new program to support content creators on the platform.
12) Programmatic: Why building a curated marketplace should be a priority for buyers in 2021.
13) Bing local replaces Yelp reviews with Facebook & Foursquare reviews.