February 10, 2021
1) This phishing attack uses some very retro technology to hide its payload.
2) Clubhouse downloads cross 3.2 million threshold and got banned in China.
Clubhouse, the audio-based social app just hit the three million download threshold, according to data from app experts Appfigures.
The app has been causing waves, for one because it is invite-only, and because celebrities and influencers have already been using it to discuss hot topics.
Still technically in beta, that’s not keeping users worried about missing out from downloading the hotly touted app.
Downloads rose to 158,000 earlier this week. It hit 3.2 million in downloads on the Apple App Store after being available for just four months.
3) “New Secret Weapon in the Monetization Battle”: How publishers can benefit from embedded eCommerce.
4) Did Reddit’s 5-second ad win Super Bowl LV? Marketers pick their favorites.
5) Google can recognize if a site has a good reputation on a specific topic area.
6) PayPal to shut down domestic payment operations in India.
7) Insights from 22 million business posts on social media in 2020
8) How one brand grew a massive audience by building a news site [example].
12) TikTok lays out plans for new ecommerce integrations as it eyes the next stage.
13) How to automate your link building for SEO
14) Google: Removing blog comments may impact search rankings.
15) 86 Rejections but Jay-Z Ain’t 1: From idea to multi-million-dollar investment.
16) 78% of consumers will abandon transaction if app installation is required.