April 16, 2021
Building for the future: Google Marketing Livestream
1) Clubhouse data leak: 1.3 million scraped user records leaked online for free.
So far, it seems like it’s been the worst week of the year for social media platforms in terms of data leaks, with Clubhouse seemingly joining the fray.
Days after scraped data from more than a billion Facebook and LinkedIn profiles, collectively speaking, was put for sale online, it looks like now it’s Clubhouse’s turn. The upstart platform seems to have experienced the same fate, with an SQL database containing 1.3 million scraped Clubhouse user records leaked for free on a popular hacker forum.
Clubhouse has responded saying they have not experienced a breach of their systems and said that the data is already publicly available and that it can be accessed via their API which raises some questions about the privacy stance of the company allowing for anyone to gather even public profile information on a mass scale. We have sent some follow up questions regarding their API policy and will update when we have more information.
2) Chrome users, check if Google is tracking you with new targeted advertising.
3) Criminals spread malware using website contact forms with Google URLs.
6) New study shows that Facebook’s job ad algorithm still discriminates based on gender.
12) Google has changed cumulative layout shift metric.
13) Google is testing FLoC on Chrome users worldwide. Find out if you’re one of them.
15) Google shares the privacy sandbox’s most recent conversion tracking proposals.
18) How to launch a subscription box for your company.
19) how i generated 37,186,336 video views without going viral [Neil Patel video].
20) Google: If blocking a country’s traffic, don’t block Googlebot.
More insights to explore…
4 YouTube trends to leverage in 2021 [data + expert tips]
How often will core web vitals ranking factor be calculated?
Want to get your name out there with zero budget? do what Chipotle did.
Have an awesome weekend!
— Itay Paz