June 17, 2021
1) Don’t panic: ‘Algorithm updates’ aren’t the end of the world for SEO managers.
Every time there is a rumor of a Google algorithm update, a general panic ripples through the SEO community. There is a collective holding of breath while the numbers are analyzed and then a sigh of relief (hopefully) when they survive the algorithm update unscathed.
After the update is released, and especially if it is confirmed by Google, a slew of articles and pundit analyses attempt to dissect what Google changed and how to win in the new paradigm.
3) PSA: Google will use your link spam email requests against you.
4) YouTube adds new tools to detect copyright violations and block them within the upload process.
5) Twitter to add a newsletter ‘subscribe’ button to profiles for simple sign-ups.
6) Google ends push for Chrome address bar to only show domain name.
7) Facebook will post its slowest US user growth ever in 2021.
8) New antitrust legislation targets Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google.
9) Instagram chief on what TikTok does better.
10) Google demotes libelous content in search through its predatory sites algorithms.
11) Data Snack: Evaluating organic search performance.
12) How one company grew qualified leads by 24% with performance max campaigns.
14) How powered by search increased sales qualified leads by 142% quarter-over-quarter.
15) The freelancer’s guide to portfolio websites + killer examples.
16) ASA to ‘monitor’ recent increase in children’s gambling ad exposure.
18) How Ondo’s customers using shop pay installments are spending 2x more than regular customers.
19) Increasing followers on your LinkedIn page: tips and tricks from LinkedIn Marketing Labs.
More insights to explore…
There’s more to Google’s FLoC than meets the eye.
Blog SEO: 47 Expert tips for optimizing blog posts for SEO.
Many US adults don’t trust or understand cryptocurrency.
Have an awesome day!
— Itay Paz