Search Console, also known as Google Search Console is a free service provided by Google corporation which gives websites’ owners an access to a complete set of tools and reporting system to provide information on their websites, enabling the optimizing of their websites on Google search.
What Can You Do with Search Console?
You can use Search Console to optimize your website for technical SEO, understand what Google knows about your website and view historical data about your website’s performance on Google:
1) You can find below a breakdown of all search console functions by area.
2) Use Search Analytics to optimize your content
3) Search console has a number of reports for analyzing how your website is performing in Google search.
Step #07: Rank for more keywords and Increase visibility in Google.
The reports have 16 months of historical data and a number of filters that allows you to compare your performance between different periods, view data by country, device or even type of search results (rich snippets, amp results, etc.):
1) View the search terms that triggered your pages to appear in Google search results (SERPS).
2) View for which keywords you received traffic from Google.
3) Analyze the ranking position your pages appeared on Google for particular queries.
4) Compare the performance of your website on Google between different periods.
5) View how many impressions your pages received and how many clicks from Google.