Discover how to improve Core Web Vitals, what are Core Web Vitals and get the list of the best 28 ways to supercharge and improve your website Core Web Vitals you should consider implementing now.
In preparation for the upcoming Google Core Web Vitals update, James Parsons shares some effective optimization tips to help you earn a passing grade on Google PageSpeed Insights:
* Google plans to roll out the new Core Web Vitals update in early 2021.
* The overall size, dimensions, load order, and format of your images will drastically affect your PageSpeed score.
* Loading critical CSS and JS inline can improve the perceived load time of your site.
* Above-the-fold videos and large background images can be particularly damaging to your Largest Contentful Paint time.
A server upgrade and a CDN can improve your server response time and your contentful paint score.
Founder of Content Powered, James Parsons, shares an exhaustive list of 28 elements that will supercharge your site for Google’s Core Web Vitals update and Google PageSpeed Insights reading the signals.
Announced in early 2020, the Core Web Vitals are a set of metrics Google is developing and plans to roll into their overall search algorithm in May of 2021. Given that it’s almost 2021 now, anyone who wants to get ahead on optimizing their site for this new algorithm update can get to work now. Thankfully, Google has been very good about publicly disclosing what these new metrics are and how they work.
28 Ways to Supercharge and Website’s Improve Core Web Vitals
Armed with that information, it’s possible to build a checklist of action items to check and optimize on your site to ready yourself for the inevitable rollout of these new ranking factors. Here are the 28 such items for that checklist:
1) Reduce the Dimensions of Background Images
2) Minimize or Replace Background Images with Patterns