How to Become an SEO Expert?
Discover how to become an SEO expert and get the professional knowledge of one of the most demanded jobs in the world.
Want to become an SEO expert? Awesome! Here are 21 things you need to know to truly become an SEO expert today.
So you want to become an SEO expert.
I can totally understand why.
There are so many reasons to love SEO.
SEO is fascinating.
SEO is a fast-paced, in-demand field with plenty of longevity ahead of it.
But that means SEO also attracts people who just see it as an easy money grab or work-from-home job.
They read some blogs here and there, learn the terminology, and voila! They’re changing their title on LinkedIn to “SEO Expert.”
After only a few days.
Or worse, a matter of hours.
That’s like reading a few medical books and calling yourself a doctor.
That’s not how this works.
SEO expertise, like any other field, requires time, commitment, and experience.
You can’t just declare yourself an SEO expert.
It’s not a young field anymore.
There are experts who’ve been doing SEO for decades now.
Ready to follow in their footsteps?
Here are 21 things you need to know to become an SEO expert.
Being an SEO expert opens up a world of opportunities.
You can play a vital role in launching a startup.
You can upgrade the online presence of a 50-year-old company.
You can help a solopreneur reach new audiences.
You can help a retailer crush its sales goals.
There are a lot of skills you need to develop to become that trusted resource.
But it all starts with patience, integrity, and hunger to learn.
21 Things You Need to Know to Become an SEO Expert
1) Understand the Basics of SEO
2) Build Your Own Websites
3) Learn WordPress
5) Read About SEO Every Day
6) Understand How Search Engines Work
7) Read Google’s Quality Rater Guidelines
8) Look at the SERPs
9) Learn About Technical SEO
10) Learn About Content Strategy, Creation, Optimization & Promotion
11) Use Link Building Tactics That Actually Work
12) Don’t Develop Checklist Mentality
13) Join Facebook Groups
14) Follow SEO Experts on Twitter
15) Attend SEO & Marketing Conferences
16) Listen to Podcasts
17) Grow Your Personal Network
18) Take Advantage of Free Courses
19) Keep Learning & Growing Your Skill Set
20) Learn from Your Mistakes & Repeat Your Successes
21) Be Patient
Read more here.