Cash in on Your Expertise: 10 Steps to Create an Online Course That Sells
The archetype of an entrepreneur often conjures images of a scrappy store owner packing items from their kitchen table, an artisan meticulously making bespoke goods, or a merchant building an online store to ship products to customers around the world. But entrepreneurs come in all stripes, creating what’s innovative and selling the unexpected.
This description certainly applies to online course creators, a category of entrepreneurs selling their expertise. Online course creators package their insights—knowledge, know-how, and experience—into a digital bundle for customers, without worrying about packing tape, shipping labels, and tracking numbers.
There’s a good chance you have specialized knowledge or expertise that others can learn from. You might know how to edit and produce videos, have unique insights on growing social media channels, or be uniquely skilled in digital design. Creating an online course is about taking your knowledge and skills—often honed over years, or even decades—and developing a curriculum to compress and share your expertise with others, so they can learn too.
10 Steps to Create an Online Course That Sells
1) Choose the topic of your course.
2) Conduct customer research.
3) Select the format of your course.
4) Test if your course has high market demand.
5) Pre-sell your course.
6) Outline your course content.
7) Set course pricing and sales goals.
8) Choose the right course platform.
9) Launch and advertise your course.
10) Collect feedback and testimonials.
Read more here.