What is the Difference Between Remarketing and Retargeting?
Discover what is the difference between remarketing and retargeting, remarketing vs retargeting and the similarities between remarketing and retargeting.
Difference Between Remarketing and Retargeting
When designing marketing strategies to bring existing and interested customers back to your business, you may find yourself comparing retargeting vs. remarketing. Both are effective ways to re-engage warm prospects who have already shown interest in your brand. And while there is some overlap in these two strategies, there are also key differences in the specific tactics used to drive customers into your sales funnel.
Let’s compare retargeting vs. remarketing and look at the definitions of both to see what is right for your brand.
Remarketing vs Retargeting
Retargeting and remarketing are both lead nurturing tactics that help support a complete customer lifecycle marketing plan. They each put your brand back in front of warm audiences and drive leads and customers into your purchase funnel.
Retargeting and remarketing are similar because have the same goals:
1) Target audiences who are already aware of your brand.
2) Engage qualified audiences who are most likely to make a purchase.
3) Build lasting brand awareness and recognition.
The differences between retargeting vs. remarketing are in the tactics used to accomplish these goals.
1) Retargeting primarily uses paid ads to re-engage audiences who have visited your website or social profiles.
2) Remarketing primarily uses email to re-engage past customers who have already done business with your brand.