How to Do LinkedIn Marketing?
Discover how to do LinkedIn marketing the right way using this powerful beginner’s guide to LinkedIn marketing exploring LinkedIn’s 680 million users across the globe allowing you to connect using LinkedIn top social network.
Now, an important question: Is your business using LinkedIn to its fullest potential to improve brand awareness, build your network, boost leads and conversions, increase revenue, and more?
With new social networks sprouting up constantly, LinkedIn is a platform that often gets underutilized or put on the back burner. But the truth is, LinkedIn can be extremely powerful — especially when you’re aware of all the platform’s hidden features that don’t get nearly as much attention as they deserve.
This guide is chock full of LinkedIn tips you can begin implementing immediately to help you learn how to use the platform to improve brand awareness, share your marketing content, and grow your business.
Get the essential guide to using LinkedIn for marketing and professional networking.
1) What Is LinkedIn Marketing?
2) LinkedIn Marketing Best Practices
3) How to Use LinkedIn
What is LinkedIn Marketing?
LinkedIn marketing is the process of using LinkedIn to make connections, generate leads, improve brand awareness, foster business relationships and partnerships, share content, and drive traffic to your website. LinkedIn is an integral part of many successful business’ marketing strategies today because of how effective it can be in expanding professional networks.
When you use LinkedIn to market your business, you gain access to useful features related to analytics, connections, and brand-building, just to name a few. (Don’t worry, we’ll review all of these and more in depth momentarily.)
But first, here’s a quick primer for those of you who may be new to LinkedIn.
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn launched in 2003 and is primarily centered around career networking, building, and sharing. The platform enables you to connect and share content with other professionals including colleagues, potential employers, business partners, competitors, new employees, and customers.
This is why having your business on LinkedIn is so powerful — the platform is a fantastic marketing tool.
Now, let’s review the various ways to use LinkedIn to market and grow your business.
LinkedIn Marketing Best Practices
LinkedIn allows you to drive traffic to your website, identify quality leads, share your expertise through thought-leadership content, and grow your network. It’s also a great way to market job openings and attract new talent to your company. These are just some of the reasons why LinkedIn is an ideal platform for all businesses to market through.
Below, we’ll cover LinkedIn marketing best practices and some effective ways to use the platform. These 28 best practices and steps can be tailored to your needs — whether you have a personal LinkedIn page, business page, or both — no matter your industry or size. However, you’ll notice some of the points we’re going to cover are more suited for businesses looking to boost brand awareness or share content while others are more tailored towards those looking to recruit and hire new talent.
How to Use LinkedIn?
Here are the best 28 ways you should be using LinkedIn:
1) Customize your public profile URL.
2) Add a LinkedIn background photo to your profile.
3) Add a ProFinder Badge to your profile.
4) Take advantage of the blog and website links on your LinkedIn profile.
5) Search engine optimize your LinkedIn profile.
6) Add, remove, and rearrange sections of your profile.
7) Use Saved Searches and Search Alerts in Recruiter.
8) List job opportunities and recruit new talent with LinkedIn’s job postings.
9) Take advantage of LinkedIn Endorsements.
10) Use Open Profile to send messages to people you’re not connected to.
11) Check your Network Updates or share your own.
12) Be identifiable.
13) Check out who’s viewed your LinkedIn profile.
14) Export connections.
15) Customize your Connections to grow your professional network.
16) Join LinkedIn Groups.
17) Create your own LinkedIn Group.
18) Communicate with your LinkedIn Group.
19) Share your LinkedIn status updates on Twitter.
20) Leverage @mentions in your status updates.
21) Optimize your LinkedIn Company Page.
22) Create LinkedIn Showcase Pages.
23) Post company status updates and target them.
24) Check out LinkedIn’s Content Marketing Score & Trending Content resources.
25) Experiment with LinkedIn’s Sponsored Content and Native Ads.
26) Share content through LinkedIn’s publishing platform.
27) Add a Page Follow Button to your website.
28) Analyze your LinkedIn marketing performance.
Read more here.