How to Find Great Podcast Ideas?
The number of people worldwide tuning to listen to podcasts is rapidly increasing. People who are traveling changing their listening habits from just their music to podcasts and consumers are tuning into online talk shows on the go.
The increasing podcast usage has given passionate talkers an opportunity to connect with listeners at an emotional level. But podcasting is not as easy as just buying a microphone, finding the right podcast hosting, that fits your needs, and setting up your first episode.
The hardest part of coming up with podcast ideas is..
..what to talk about?
This is why as a podcaster, you need to put in the time and work into researching the right topic – what your listeners want to hear. Knowing the right subject to discuss and how to discuss it to ensure maximum engagement and zero boredom is a skill every podcaster must develop.
I wish it was as easy as searching on Google.
(But it’s not.)
I understand that this mastery does not come easy. Especially if it’s your first podcast. This is why I have curated a list of exciting tactics you can adopt to add some spice to your podcasting.
Let’s gather some great podcast ideas for you:
- Research engaging podcast topics
- Go fiercely specific
- Start with “What’s in it for me”
- Storytelling never fails
- Recap a common movie or book
- How about some recent happenings?
- Talk about relevant surveys, studies, and facts
- Quotes work well
- Discuss personal experiences
- Offer valuable tools and references
- A piece of advice won’t hurt
- Discuss changes
- Get interactive with a Q and A segment
- Nudge them to take further action
Read more here.