How to Get Great Testimonials?
Customers love to hear other customers experience with your business as it makes it easier for them to make the decision based on other customers testimonials or consumer reviews.
The question is how can you ask for great testimonials from your customers and students and get them?
Customer testimonials are one of your most powerful marketing tools. Learn how to ask for testimonials, including testimonial request templates.
Which do you trust more: A billboard on the highway or a recommendation from your best friend?
OK, those are two pretty stark opposites. But when you’re marketing your online business, it’s a solid comparison to keep in mind.
People trust recommendations from other people way more than they trust traditional advertising. And you can leverage that trust by making customer testimonials a part of your marketing strategy.
All you have to do is figure out who to ask for testimonials . . . and how . . . and when. Plus, the best ways to incorporate those reviews into your marketing materials.
Don’t worry — in this article, we’ll cover all of that, from finding your happiest customers to creative ways to share their testimonials.
First, let’s go over what exactly makes testimonials such an effective marketing tool.
The power of customer testimonials
“One customer, well taken care of, could be more valuable than $10,000 worth of advertising.” – Jim Rohn, business philosopher
Customer testimonials can be more effective than even the most amazing, creative, and beautifully written sales page copy.
Here’s why: Only a third of people say they trust the brands they buy from. Consumers trust each other more than they trust brands. And 76% of people trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations from family and friends.
How to get Testimonials and Reviews?
For small business owners, a good testimonial is worth more than its weight in gold. People trust other people’s feedback more than they trust brands — even when those people are total strangers.
Here’s how to collect — and use — customer testimonials:
1) Ask your customers for feedback after their purchase or when they can expect to see results 2. from your service or course.
2) Make it easy for customers to share their testimonials through a form, a quick phone call, or a link to a social media platform or review site.
3) Always get customers’ permission to share their feedback in your marketing materials.
4) Add testimonials to your website to boost conversions and prove your product’s value.
5) Share video testimonials on social media to hook audience interest before linking to your website.
Read more here.