How to Start a Blog?
Are you looking for a free, easy, step-by-step guide on how to start a blog?
My free guide on this page will show you how to create a blog that is beautiful and functional, all in an easy step-by-step tutorial (with pictures).
Ready to start the simple step-by-step tutorial? Click here to go to Step #1
How to start a blog for beginners
My name is Scott Chow, and I am going to show you how to start blogging today. I have been building blogs and websites since 2002. In that time I have launched several of my own blogs, and helped hundreds of others do the same.
I know that starting a blog can seem overwhelming and intimidating. This free guide is all about blogging for beginners and will teach you how to become a blogger with just the most basic computer skills. So whether you’re 8 or 88, you can create your own blog in less than 20 minutes.
I am not ashamed to admit that when I was first learning how to build a blog I made a ton of mistakes. You can benefit from more than a decade of my experience so that you don’t repeat these same mistakes when you make your own blog. I created this free guide so that a complete beginner can learn how to blog quickly and easily. And if you get stuck at any point, please send me a message and I will do my best to help you!
Skip the rest of this introduction and start building your blog!
What is a Blog?
In short, a blog is a type of website that focuses mainly on written content, also known as blog posts. In popular culture we most often hear about news blogs or celebrity blog sites, but as you’ll see in this guide, you can start a successful blog on just about any topic imaginable.
Bloggers often write from a personal perspective that allows them to connect directly with their readers. In addition, most blogs also have a “comments” section where visitors can correspond with the blogger. Interacting with your visitors in the comments section helps to further the connection between the blogger and the reader.
This direct connection to the reader is one of the main benefits of starting a blog. This connection allows you to interact and share ideas with other like-minded people. It also allows you to build trust with your readers. Having the trust and loyalty of your readers also opens up the door to making money from your blog, which is something I discuss later in this guide.
What are the Steps to Start a Blog?
You can start a blog by follow these 6 steps to learn how to create your own blog:
- Pick Your Blog Name – select a name for the topic of the website, that says what your blog posts will be about.
- Choose Your Blog Template – find the right template for you, customize its design to match your style.
- Start Blogging (Writing Posts) – Write it in your own unique tone and voice to share your knowledge and expertise.
- Connect Your Domain – get a domain that is easy for people to find and remember you and set it on this hosting.
- Publish Posts and Go Live – turn your blog to on by publishing the posts you’ve written.
- Share Your Posts – start sharing your blog posts on social media, engage with your new followers, reply to their comments and encourage them to share,
Read more here.