Discover why users leave a website and get the 16 top reasons why users leave a website that you should consider looking into your website.
You’ve written some compelling copy for your website. Your product images are polished. Your overall website design is professional and thanks to marketing initiatives like these ones, you’re getting traffic to your website.
So why is it that so few of those visitors are converting into leads and customers?
I hear about issues like this every day. Unfortunately, converting web visitors isn’t as simple as the old mantra says: “If you build it, they will come.” Capturing conversions online takes a truly special combination of factors.
What are the Reasons that Users Leave a Website?
There are many opportunities to make mistakes that cost conversions on your website. If you’re having trouble getting buyers to stick, consider whether you’re making any of the following mistakes to cause visitors to leave your website without converting.
Here are the 16 top reasons why users leave a website that you should consider:
1) Your design is outdated.
2) Your content is difficult to read.
3) Your website relies on outdated plugins.
4) You’re overwhelming people with ads.
5) The videos on your site auto-play.
6) Your navigation structure is unclear.
7) Your registration requirements are obtrusive.
8) Your website lacks personality.
9) Your site is slow to load.
10) Your gated offers aren’t relevant or appealing.
11) Your product’s benefits aren’t clear.
12) You never give a call-to-action.
13) Your content or products don’t live up to your landing page’s promises.